- Open to journalists working in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
- All entries must have been published, broadcast or placed online in 2014.
- All entries must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. Monday, March 2, 2015.
pro SPJ members: $40 per category
not pro SPJ: $60 per category
Click here for pricing and details on the Green Eyeshade’s College Top 10.
Payment is easiest online. (Click on the ENTER NOW page for details). But to pay by check, send payment to…
Green Eyeshade Awards
c/o Tim Dodson
780 NE 69th Street, Suite 807
Miami, FL 33138
No fees will be refunded, and all entries become the property of Green Eyeshade Awards and/or SPJ.
- All entries must be submitted online. More info on the ENTER NOW page.
- You can enter multiple times per category. As long as you pay the entry fees, we don’t cap the number.
- Cover letters are optional except where noted. If you decide you need one, keep it to a single page. A cover letter might include information about impact or community reaction. Don’t try to “sell” the story to the judges. Trust us, that never works.
- All entries must be accompanied by payment.
- Corrections or serious challenges to an entry must be included with the entry. If judges or Green Eyeshade administrators learn a correction wasn’t included, the entry will be disqualified – and your money won’t be returned.
- Read everything carefully. Some categories have other specific entry requirements.
- We’re flexible. If you have questions about the rules, email us. But know we’ll try to interpret those rules as loosely as possible – this is about recognizing good work, not getting nit-picky. Just ask and we’ll try our best to accommodate.