All entries are handled online. Which is both easier and harder, depending on your tech comfort level. To set up an online account and enter your work…
Go to www.betterbnc.com and click Contestant Login from the top navigation bar. Select the appropriate contestant type…
- If you are the single point of contact for your organization, select Contestant Manager. NOTE: Once you have submitted 2 entries, you will be receive an email validating your Contestant Manager account, enabling you to create Authorized Entrant accounts to make entries on behalf of your organization.
- If you have received an email authorizing you to submit entries for your organization, select Authorized Entrant.
- If you are an individual submitting your own entries (including freelancers), select Open Call, then enter your email and password. If you haven’t yet created an Open Call account, follow the on-screen instructions.
Contestant Manager and Authorized Entrant only…
- From the dropdown menu of contests, select “2013 SPJ Green Eyeshade Awards & Press Patriot Awards.”
- Select the appropriate News Organization.
- (Authorized Entrant only) Enter your email address.
- Enter your temporary Password: bnc (lower case), and click Login. When you first login, the system will prompt you to create a secure password and enter your contact information.
PAYING THE BILLS
Paying with a credit card via Paypal is quick and easy, and you do not need a Paypal account. Select the appropriate entry rate from the dropdown menu below and click Add to Cart to go to the payment page. Edit the quantity and click Check Out.
If you are submitting entries at more than one rate, select the first rate from the dropdown menu, click Add to Cart, then click Continue Shopping to come back to this page. Select the second rate, click Add to Cart, etc., until you have all appropriate rates displayed in your cart. Edit quantities and click Check Out.
If your media outlet is old-school and requires payment by check, here’s what to do…
- Email the entrant’s name, entry title, news organization and check total. If the check will cover multiple entries, please include a list of the entrants and entry titles.
- Use the subject line Green Eyeshade Awards Payment by Check.
- Send a check to the Green Eyeshade Awards mailing address (which you can find under Guidelines) and include a list of entries that the check will covers – including entrant name, entry title, news organization and check total.
Any questions, email contest administrator Tim Dodson.